Join us as we start the adventure of parenthood x 2!!
We are so excited for the twins we wanted to use our blog to share with all our Friends & Family!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Week 33

Marc and I had a nice week this past week!  Finally a week of no moving - but it we both mentioned it still feels like we will be going  back home (sheboygan house).  Maybe because none of our stuff his here (furniture) or because we are still in the area working and all of our friends are here so nothing much feels different except where we are living?!??!  Maybe it is good to have this transition time so it's not such a shock and as hard when we do leave WI!  We have made great friends here and have enjoyed the last 4 yrs!

We had an ultrasound on Friday.  Lexi is weighing in at 3lb. 15 oz (almost 4lb!!!) and Oliver is weighing in at 3lbs. 5 oz. They are growing at the same pace as the last ultrasound 3 weeks ago so that is what the doctor wanted to see the most!!  They are practicing breathing with fluid at this time (im not exactly sure how this works, but they got a high score for doing it!).  I start to see the doctor 1x next week then 2x a week from then on.  At these next apts I will be doing what they call nonstress tests - they put a monitor on me and the babies and observe for about an hour.  I will know more about this after next Friday when I have my first one!!

We got more details on the last few weeks of the twin pregnancy.  32 weeks is a big benchmark in that if the babies are born today, they will have no major health issues and will be fine!  After 34 weeks (which is a scary 1.5 weeks away) they will not stop me if I go into labor!! At 35 weeks, May 12th, the babies would not have to spend anytime at the NICU.  (Which is my goal to get to - and we learned there is not a NICU at our local hospital, so if they do need to go there, they will need to be transported to Milwaukee, which would not be too convenient.) Also I don't want them to come earlier than that b/c they will be too small!  At 36 weeks both babies should be in the 5lbs so that is where I would like to be!!  We will see!  Both babies are head down, and should stay that way.  I will be able to deliver vaginally as long as there isn't an emergency of some kind.

I am feeling pretty good!  Sleeping is getting progressively harder as is getting up out of a chair and bending over!  I can simply not get enough air and feel as though each breath I am taking a deep breath!  I would like the babies to drop soon so I can have my diaphragm back! I measured to term for a singleton, or 40 weeks!  My belly grew 3 weeks of singleton growth in the last 1.5 weeks!!  So my doctor is happy with that as the goal now is to have the babies keep growing as much as they can!  Although with this my maternity clothes are getting tight in the belly b/c well usually women are done by this point!  I bought an XL shirt instead of L, but everything else except the belly is too big - i.e. the shoulders and neck, so that doesn't look too good!  The babies do move a lot - mostly you see every kick and arm movement b/c they are laying horizontal and all 4 feet are at the top of my belly!

Till next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment